Throughout the Bible and church history, spiritual covenants have been made between people to obtain mutual edification and accountability.
At Jehovah Missionary Baptist Church (JMBC) we have four requirements for a person to become a disciple.
- A Personal profession of Christ as Lord and Savior
- Baptism by immersion as a public symbol of one's faith
- Completion of the New Disciples Class
- A signed commitment to abide by JMBC Believer's Covenant
The Jehovah Missionary Baptist Church Believer's Covenant
In agreement with the JMBC statements, strategy and structure, led by the Holy Spirit to unite with the JMBC family, I commit myself to God and the other believers to do the following.
I will protect the unity of my church
Ephesians 4:3-4; 4:29; Hebrews 13:17; I Peter 1:22
- By acting in love toward other believers
- By refusing to gossip and excessive anger
- By being slow to take offense, always read for reconciliation
- By following the leaders
I will share the responsibility of my church
II Peter 3:18; James 5:16; Luke 14:23; Romans 15:7
- By praying for the growth of the church
- By praying for one another
- By praying for the unchurched and invite them to attend
- By being hospitable to those who visit
I will serve the ministry of my church
I Peter 4:10; Ephesians 4:11-12; Philippians 2:3-4
- By discovering and using my gifts and talents
- By being equipped to assist my pastors and leaders
- By developing a servant's heart
I will support the testimony of my church
Hebrews 10:25; Malachi 3:10; Leviticus 27:30; I Cor. 16:2
- By attending faithfully
- By sustaining its worship, ordinances, disciplines, and doctrine
- By supporting financially with tithes and offerings
I will respect the covenant I have made with my church
- By letting my pastor and leaders of ministries know when I will no longer be a part of the fellowship
- By seeking to keep this covenant
Copyright © 2010 - 2018 Jehovah Missionary Baptist Church and Arche Designs, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Developed and Maintained by Arche Designs.